Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Fun


My mom has made a bunny cake every year since I was born. Now it was my turn. Cute huh?





On Easter we went to church at my parent's ward and then had lunch with them. Next we headed over to Ryan's grandparent's house for a yummy ham dinner. Nathan had a blast hunting eggs three different times and eating way too much candy. Watching him get so excited about the Easter bunny is fun but I think my favorite thing about Easter was the message Bishop Ferry gave in Relief Society. He shared a story about a woman who was over burdened, who felt like she was doing all she could but still wasn't really happy. Her husband told her All she could do was her best and then turn the rest over to the Savior. He is there to make up the difference for us, in him we find true peace and happiness.

9 comments:

Allison Holmes said...

Isn't it fun to have our kids old enough to understand and do all these fun things now! Glad you had a good Easter!

The Expatts said...

The boys look so cute in their Easter duds! We sure miss you guys, and I loved that message you added at the end. Thanks Katie! Miss ya!!

The Caple Crew said...

Dang Collin is a total stud! Nice outfit! Gotta love The Childrens Place Holiday clothes!

April Garvin said...

The easter bunny cake is super cute!! Good job!

The Martin Family said...

It was so nice to see you guys this weekend. Your little family is so beautiful. The baby is getting so big! Oh, and I think your bunny cake is SO cute! Hope to see you soon!!!

The Parkers said...

That is so funny you made the Easter Bunny cake too. I'm going to upload my picture of the cake today..

Olson Family said...

I can't believe how big collin is getting...these pictures are so cute of both the boys!-AND great job on the cake! WAY cute!

The Parkers said...

No the Whiskers and mouth are made out of an Airhead. I just cut strips and rolled them in my hands.

Cori Shaw, MS, RD said...

thanks katie, that comment meant a lot, and because of it i decided i will not change anything!

love your bunny cake :)