Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Summer Fun Activity One




I haven't blogged in forever, but I plan on having a super awesome summer with my three boys and I want to document it. My five year old, Nathan  and I sat down and brainstormed some of the fun day trips and activities we would do the month of June and I decided to make the hours I've spent on pinterest count and do some of the things from the countless list of "Fun, Free, Easy, Things to do with your toddlers, kids, boys this summer, at home, outside, etc" 

Today we had a "Lion" day. We read one of their favorite books Deadliest Animals
Then we painted lion faces with paper plates and noodles for the mane
Nathan, 5 Collin 3





 Next, we watched Lion King 1 1/2
 
Last, we played a game I call Lion Tail Tag. I attached a tail (or yellow tube sock) to their back with a clothes pin. I told them they had to crawl around like a lion and try to steal each others tail. A pretty intense wrestling match followed, but I think they enjoyed themselves and I loved watch my little lion cubs play.

 

No comments: