Monday, April 21, 2008

The Best Meatloaf Ever!

So last Friday Ryan grilled the best meatloaf I ever had, that's right I said grilled. I guess you could do it in the oven too but I think the grill gives it more flavor. So here is the recipe, hope someone tries it.
1 1/4 lb. ground chuck (I just used ground beef)
1 1/4 lb. ground pork
1 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
1 large egg
1 tsp. worcestershire sauce
2 cups bread crumbs
1 tsp granulated garlic
1 tsp dried tarragon
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper

Sauce
1/2 cup bottled barbecue sauce
1/4 cup ketchup

1. In a large bowl combine the meat loaf ingredients. Using your hands, mix thoroughly.
2. Divide meatloaf mixture in half and form into 2 loaves, place on baking sheet.
3. In a small bowl mix the sauce ingredients. Top each meatloaf with 3 tbsp. of the sauce and coat thoroughly.
4. using a metal spatula, gently pick up each loaf from baking sheet and place them directly on the grill. Grill the meat loaves over indirect medium-low heat (about 300 degrees) with the lid closed until a thermometer reads 155 degrees. Takes about 50-60 minutes. Remove the loaves from the grill and let rest 10-15 minutes. Slice the meat loaf into 1/2 inch slices and serve with remaining sauce.

1 comment:

nicole said...

Sounds good. See Katie since you haven't had comments in a while I thought I would show you how much I love you and comment on both posts.:)Aren't I such a good friend:)